Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Bee-Gull

Poor tortured Megan can't get away from it. We still treat her like she's our baby sister, even though today she turns 26. Jenny and I remember things that she did and said well over 20 years ago, like when we would call her a baby, she would reply, "I'm not a baby, I'm a bee-gull!" When she was first learning to write in cursive, she signed what looked like Mergon Johnison, and we've not let her forget it. She got called the dog's name (Merrigold), the horse's name (Mystic--in Mom's defense, they all start with M), and now her 6-year-old niece's name. We associate them all.

She favors Mom,


and maybe even me, if we both look down and you can't see our eyes or the shape of our heads. She has a normal-shaped one.


Mine has lumps and bumps that can fuel conversation at parties.

But anyway. She's definitely the kind, calm, patient, generous, talented sister in the family (you know I'm right, Jenny!), and I can't imagine having grown up without her (although I'm sure at times she would have preferred growing up without me)! Happy Birthday little DookeyFactory with the ChickenLegsandDuckFeet!

I was honored to be called Other Megan!

For more Dalgo family excitement, visit her husband Austin's blog here. Now maybe he'll update it.

4 comments:

  1. your sister is so precious. I remember meeting here at the st louis marathon. I wonder how she survived with you and Jenny in the house....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten called the dogs name before...and my parents once had a license plate that read, "3s ENUF"...I'm the 4th :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday post to your sister is so much nicer than mine to my brother! Happy Birthday Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to the Beag!! And to the Whale, very sweet post. Although I do beg to differ on the talent part...I mean, have you ever seen ME paint? I love you Beag!

    ReplyDelete