Friday, June 12, 2009

all in

Ever since November I've been trying to decide what to do with IM Louisville. I was probably one of the first 50 overly-enthusiastic people to register for the race when it opened last year. Very rarely (like twice in my 9 IM career) have I been registered for 2 IMs at the same time. But it happened this year. I asked for a deferral to 2010 for Louisville, but was given the standard response with the specific section of the rulebook copied and pasted into the email. I figured it was worth a try, since my friend Jim was given an exception for 2007. I mentioned that.

So I decided that instead of getting a measly $150 of my $550 back, I'll go for it. At first my thoughts were of intentional DNFing, to save my legs for my "A" Ironman, which is 6 weeks later. But I don't think I can make myself quit something like an Ironman if I'm feeling perfectly fine (which is always relative). So I'm in, all in. And this photo (which I took from Timothy J's album on flickr-- thanks Tim!), shows just what I will be jumping into on August 30.

4 comments:

  1. Love the new background!

    Maybe I can convince some IronSherpas from Memphis to come cheer at mile 1 of the run....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I sure didn't need to see that picture! Ick, double ick.

    BUT, so glad you'll be joining in the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally be an IronSherpa with Laura but I'm going to short course worlds around that time :( You'll totally rock both IMs though, I know it!!!

    ReplyDelete