Tuesday, October 6, 2009

#1642

My first thought when I saw my bib number was, "Please don't let that be my time!" Then it occurred to me that it's not the WORST time possible, and anything is possible on that course. I'm going in with more confidence than usual thanks to Liz's excellent coaching the past 2 years, so I'm quite sure I will be well under 16:42.

I'm this close to getting on that plane. My bike has been shipped, and according to the FedEx tracking, it's in... Memphis... still... yeah... But it's FedEx! It'll get there. My bags are.. well, not quite packed. But I've started a list! My nails are ready to go, however. Fingernails and toenails have both been painted with a shade to coordinate with my hot pink underpants. For the Underpants Run, people!

I still need to print my itinerary, load up on cash, and pack my bikinis and flip flops. The rest will take care of itself. So, until then! Aloha!

5 comments:

  1. I painted my nails to match the boys outfits. Well, more like the ocean. I guess we won't be SuperTwinkies.

    Whoo hoo! GO #1642!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you guys are going to have so much fun! Well, they're going to have fun and you'll have fun after Saturday, when you crush the competition. Take lots of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your bike got to kona wed evening at 5:57 so you can pick it up today...
    My guess you just finished underpants run(8:00am on thursday right) its 9:30 right now so eating breakfast getting the bike?

    Have fun will follow online after i do another 6 hour bike for florida saturday.

    post pics up run..
    good thing they canceled the tsuenami warnings after 3 pacific earthquakes yesterday evening..
    that wouldn't have been fun.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not underpants run is supposed to be
    tighty whiteys but somehow has gotten
    corrupted by the fashion police of late. you may get a dq if not wearing tighty whities..

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you didn't wear the tighty whiteys during Thursday's run go ahead and wear them Saturday!

    ReplyDelete