Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Motivators

Less than two weeks after our city's new all time low temperature record of -17F, we got to 75 Sunday and today, getting the husband and me out on our actual bikes. Outside. It hurt in all the usual places, like quads, butt, and neck. We both seem to be suffering from a bit of Winter Neck Syndrome, where it hurts to keep holding your head up after a long winter of no bike riding.

Shortly after getting back from our hill repeats tonight, my new wheels arrived at my door! Thanks to my awesome teammate who switched from 650 to 700 wheels this year, I got only slightly used, incredibly fast, best wheels without a motor-- ZedTechs. And they match my bike.


My new job, even though not physically demanding in the least, has been a major stress to me. There are things about it that have me waking up in the middle of the night too uptight to go back to sleep. This is something that has never happened to me before, and while I realize now how lucky I've been all these years to avoid it, I'm not enjoying the morning hangover feeling that follows. 

But I'm still working on getting up to swim in the mornings. It's been a hard change. I'm trying to remember my new favorite quote from Nancy, "Change is hard. Drowning is worse." Nothing like fear of death as a motivator.

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I love that quote from Nancy! Good one.

    And I hope the work thing gets better. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quote. I haven't commented in a while, but I have been reading and I love the pictures you post of your life out there. All those trails make me jealous!!

    I hope the job gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twig I miss your blog! Hope you're getting some good trails in there too!

    ReplyDelete