Sunday, March 6, 2011

I have credentials

I'm finally official. That USAT test took me longer to complete that I'd planned, so I only sent it in a few weeks ago. Then I stressed that I'd made too many mistakes. And just before I emailed them to bug the poor coordinator about it, I got this.


So now I can start helping people train for triathlons, because you know, I haven't been for the last however many years. Coincidentally as I should be at the top of my training game with this nice paper in my possession (right?), I feel like I'm falling worse and worse out of shape. I think someone borrowed my lungs and forgot to give them back. We went on that group ride in the "big city" yesterday and while I kept trying to find that gear I used to have, it's long gone. And didn't I just run a marathon 6 or 7 weeks ago? 10 miles today was more than enough. Ug.

I'll stop my complaining. After talking to Damie today, I decided I'd appreciate the fact that, unlike the pros, when I'm having a bad day, there are no cameras in my face shooting the evidence. Nobody is riding their motorcycle beside me (falling over because I'm going so slow) asking me how I feel and catching the pukage as it comes out of my mouth. "So Joy, we know that you're trying to run by heart rate and going up a slight incline, but a 9:42 pace is all you got in you?" Yes. For right now it is. And call me Coach Joy.

4 comments:

  1. how in the world did you get that from talking to me! ha ha ha!!!! you are killing it. just wait and see, coach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first tri coach is all growed up! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete