Friday, May 25, 2012

My own PRs

The new PRs of the athletic kind aren't coming as quickly as I'd inferred they would from Dr. Clapp's book, so I'm making up my own. I am actually doing ok with the stroller running this week. For a while Hunter was waking up quickly when jostled over the stray rocks and large pavement cracks. Here's a tip: go over cracks at an angle even if it means looking like you're drunk driving. I understand it's hard to keep debris out of the street when 80% of the front "yards" consist of a few trees and, if you're lucky like we are, multicolored rock patterns (and as a side note, I have recently noticed THREE yards with actual grass in our neighborhood being dug up and replaced with rocks). But it sure is annoying to a sleeping baby to have to startle like that. So back to the running. I set a new record this week with Hunter tolerating the stroller while I ran 5 miles straight. Then I even walked a half mile for bonus. All at a (sad as it is) record pace with the BOB: 9 mins per mile.

Much more fun PRs I need to start recording have to do with my binge eating. I'm excited to have my appetite back after 9 months without one, and I may be overcompensating (probably why I am still hanging on to those 4ish pounds). 

-It started with Nutella. In just about 2 weeks I, all by myself, consumed two jars of the LARGE sized Nutella. I may have used 1/4 cup of it to make some banana bread.

-When my sisters were here we made chocolate chip cookies and before adding the eggs, ate the usual spoonful(S) of dough. After they left, I made an entire batch of cookie dough sans eggs and ate it straight. It was very deliberate. Jeremy helped me with it, thankfully. But who is left alone all day unsupervised with the stuff? 

-Next I made some brownie/cookie/Heath bars, but had to buy a couple of bags of Heath, since we ate them all before I could make the bars. They were just ok, so I sent half of them with Jeremy to work.

-Somewhere in the last 10 weeks we made dump cake, which is half fruit, right? We can finish that off in under 24 hours, easily.

-I refused to buy any more Nutella, but remembered that I had half a jar of dark chocolate almond butter, so I finished that off within a day.

-We have a neverending supply of ice cream at our house, usually Breyer's vanilla. Then J got me some Ben and Jerry's that I stretched into 2 days.

-I just finished off the Newman O's, but we've had those since Monday.

I wonder if this has anything to do with all the cooking shows I watch while nursing and rocking the baby. Thankfully on Chopped there's at least some inedible (to me) ingredient that helps take my appetite. 

What have I learned from this? Don't look at labels so often. When you see that a large jar of Nutella is 4000 calories (wait, it's not healthy?), it makes it just the tiniest bit less enjoyable. I should find more healthy ways to set PRs, or at least substitute some grapes or something for the chocolate. At least I can set attainable goals this way. Is anybody up for a binge eating challenge?

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better I have eaten about 3 pints of Ben & Jerry's in the last two weeks.... And I'm not running or anything! I really want to meet Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might take you up on that challenge! I often find myself with a spoon eating straight from the ice cream container at 2 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete