Saturday, August 31, 2013

A week's rest

Just taking a week off from running can really mess with your head. Partly it was the way I felt about running this past week: I couldn't fathom enjoying it, and it made me start sweating just thinking about it. Or maybe that was the fever breaking. I took 2 days completely off from exercise other than the usual Hunter chasing and lifting and playing, started back swimming, then rode, and took another day off. During that time, I would forget that it was the sickness talking when I worried that I was headed back toward 2009-10 shape (which was sickly and pitiful).

I'm planning another sweltering bike ride for today, but with plenty of water, and I may get up before dawn tomorrow to attempt the run (who am I kidding? 8am will be good for me). So I'm one week down in my half marathon training, with zero miles to show for it. Better now than race week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment