Sunday, August 11, 2013

Baby signing, opinions, and stroller news

In case you are in need of a song in your head while going to sleep, to be continued upon waking, let me recommend the "Baby Signing Time" series. We started showing Hunter these videos many months ago when he was unhappy in the car. He's now asking to watch them using, obviously, sign language. My favorite thing he's signed was "cold" when we got in the cold pool water one afternoon. I love that he is now sharing descriptive words! (Of course I suppose when he spits food out, the descriptive word he is sharing with his facial expression is "yucky.") I can't count how many signs he uses because there are so many!

Sunday night he mopped the kitchen floor, then finished with the sign "clean"! :)

This is "cat." Please ignore the busted eye! A very sad accident on the front steps.

 And what color is this?

We don't know the official sign for "run," but I told him to run one day and he clenched his little fists and pumped his arms back and forth as he ran! His runner mama died of happiness. He already knows "bike," and we have just dug up a video about our favorite sport being basketball. Just for daddy.

Of course, his opinion of things is not hard to figure out most of the time, so we don't really need signs for that. I thought strong opinions were for the two and over set. Am I wrong? With this one I am, and wrong about a lot if things. I'm learning what I am and am not allowed to do.

Now that I'm forgetting things so easily (thanks mommy-brain), i have someone to help me out. I was wondering out loud where the dustpan was after sweeping up a pile. I couldn't remember the word for it immediately (I know!), but as soon as I got the word out he ran across the room and found it for me. He's very helpful with sweeping and throwing things away, unloading the dishwasher and starting the washing machine for me. He would love nothing more than for Jeremy to give him a woodworking task so that he can use his new tiny (but very real) electric screwdriver.



We have had Mom and Dad come visit and bring us a piano of my aunt's and some furniture of my grandmother's, and then Megan and 2.5 year old Annie came to spend a few days playing.

 Duet + nursing = musical trio?

They could almost be twins, except for the obvious disparities in hair curliness and things like vocabulary  :)

Lastly, for the exciting news: We have a newfound interest in the stroller (!! I never thought this day would come), maybe partly thanks to a baby signing song, so we are strollin' through the summer days, enjoying the sun. 

1 comment: