Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Week

I'm so slow with blogging because one of my three blog readers was in town visiting-- Mom! :) She came last week, along with Megan and Annie! Hunter loved it. Annie would get out of sight and he would start asking where she was. 

This short week has flown by. Wednesday Jeremy was off as usual so I got to do some cooking: Mom's squash casserole, dressing, and sweet potato casserole, and my Nana's pecan pie, all to get ready for Jeremy's mom and aunt to come for Thanksgiving. Jeremy is on call and working mornings Friday and Saturday, so we got to celebrate our first Thanksgiving in our new place. 

Wednesday I started my mission to get rid of my SI joint pain. I went to the chiropractor who twisted me around and then did some ART on my hips. I'm not feeling much different so far but I will actually go back next week. She did not seem to think I was crazy for blaming a torn hip labrum for all my ailments. Of course I am not letting her take X-rays. I just do not put that much trust in them; they would not pick up a labral tear anyway. I do not need any more radiation than I already get, and I can always use the excuse that I do not know for sure that I am not pregnant. Ha. I'm not. 

Thursday morning I picked Jenny up and we headed to the midtown area for a turkey trot. It was more of a group run than a race, and it went winding through the neighborhoods and some trails I would have never known existed. Fun!

Today was all about playing with Hunter's Mammo and Nanny, and tonight will be Christmas decorating. 

The cold has hit us hard here. I am still getting used to the sun not coming out from behind the clouds some days. I swear I can look at the forecasted cold temperature and gain my 5 winter pounds. Then I get sleepy and want to just hibernate until spring. 

But some days are still beautiful, especially when I can go out and run my 6 miles on the Rock Creek trail in shorts. That was today. And then tonight I made Megan's apple pie. Got to build up the winter fat stores. 


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment