Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February Surprises

Mid-February is usually so boring. My birthday is over, it is still winter, and I'm probably tired of it. I did meet Jeremy in mid-Feb 6 years ago, so 2009 was exciting. And this February has turned out to be more interesting too.

I, and the baby, had our 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday, and unlike in my last pregnancy, I have only had one other scan this time, so there was no "it sure looks like a boy, but I'm not 100%" guesses from the doctor. Closing my eyes at the end so I would be just as surprised as everyone else was tough, but I knew it would be more fun. After leaving the doctor's office, I went immediately to a bakery to drop off the results. The cake was scheduled for Saturday, and it was HARD to wait that long! Jeremy's mom and aunt came in town, and the cousins all trekked up the hill to find out what we are having.

There are so many gender prediction "tools" out there, and we found as many as we could before cutting the cake. It was swaying just slightly toward girl, but so many of them were wrong for Hunter that I was still firmly believing it was a boy. I felt the whole time that I was carrying another boy. The votes were in, and we should have believed the young kids (although Hunter went back and forth each time we asked him), and the grandma and great-aunt!


Almost even again. I had tried to over-interpret everything the ultrasound tech had said after knowing herself, but she was not giving anything away. Jackson and I had tried to see through the outer layer of icing for any clues, but none were found. Finally time to cut the cake, I was almost nervous!


And I was truly surprised to find pink in the middle!






Even little H was excited.





But after lots of pictures and texts and facetime chats with the other cousins, he was just wanting to eat the cake. And it turned out delicious!

We are super excited to welcome a little girl. It'll even things up around here.

Our smaller surprise of February was the ice storm we got Monday that closed down the roads and Jeremy's clinic for two days. Mammo and Nanny got back home to Kentucky just in time to get snowed in themselves.


I'll take it as a sign that I should have an easy running week, since I'm not steady on my feet or interested in busting my ass again anytime soon. The trainer will work just fine for a few days. I'll update on my "training" these days soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment