Saturday, June 20, 2015

38 weeks and running!

If you noticed my Strava widget over there -- > it may or may not show that I have actually RUN a mile or two recently. Hooray! My SIJ pain was completely gone for about a week when I decided to sneak over to the treadmill to see if I could irritate it actually move my legs as if running after three weeks off. They still work. I am not going to push it and do any more than that at once, partly because my arms were actually sore from gripping the bar so tightly after just one mile, since I was scared of that moving belt that I could barely see under my belly. I had to branch out because really, my hips and tailbone are tired of the bike seat. I have kind of just tolerated this seat for the past several years as it is, and now that I'm sitting straight up on it most of the time, it becomes even less bearable. Trainer rides are the quickest, most logistically easy workouts I do these days, so it has become my default, I-have-little-time, go-to. Plus I'm right in the middle of the last season of 24, and it has gotten really good.

Swimming is happening, and I was even complemented when a woman told me I swam so well she was surprised I was pregnant when I got out. She surely didn't see my open turns on the wall while wearing paddles and a buoy, which I do similarly to those old men who stay underwater and do some strange maneuver that works, but makes you wonder if they're drowning first. I could do a flip turn at this point, but as Hunter says, "that's not an option," since this baby is right where I want her to be; I'm not risking it.  I have still spent more time in our neighborhood pool with Hunter recently than the actual lap pool, but now is the time to do it, before I have tiny baby considerations.

Now since I don't have to do all things with a baby on the outside, Hunter and I have been taking time to do one of his newer favorite things -- cook. He has gotten to where he can make his own PB&J sandwich after I get out the necessary tools and supplies, and he does a much more precise job than I would. He's my sous chef when it comes to fixing supper, and he has his own set of utensils. Finally, no thanks to my lack of a brain, he has his own kitchen to work in too. While in Houston, I attempted to buy one from Ikea, but put the wrong box in my massively overloaded cart. We talked about it all day on the way home, and I left H and Daddy to put it together. When I went back to see how it was going I got some blank stares and two "where is the kitchen?"s.  Awesome. So $22 in shipping later, we have the right one, and it's worth it.

Need a toddler+kitten picture to brighten your day? Of course you do! They adore each other. :)

We are not cooking our garden vegetables yet, since we have had exactly one ripe tomato, and we have just 2 small green beans. But yay for things growing! 


And speaking of growing, as Hunter would also say, the baby girl keeps growing and growing and expanding my belly! I was only 38+4 when H was born (and I think he was a little younger than that), and I will be there on Monday. Crazy that she could be here so soon. My swimsuit will be relieved.

Jeremy's sweet nurse and some coworkers had a diaper shower for us this week, and who can really resist buying girl clothes too? We got the cutest things to put in the room that now has a faint aroma of (clean) baby diapers. And Ann Marie's craftiness and talent are really something to be envied! She made the diaper cake!


Due date is in 12 days (what?!) and I'm hoping to get a few more miles run, lots more yoga ball bouncing, and many hours with my sweet 3-year-old before then.



No comments:

Post a Comment