Friday, February 8, 2008

Ahhhhh, massaaahhhge

Have you ever had one of those massages that is so relaxing, you're in a trance-like state-- not asleep, but not totally aware of your surroundings? You drift into another world while the soft music plays, the warm table wraps you up in its pillows of comfort, the massage therapist's hands soothe each tense muscle...

I spent my lunch hour yesterday on the massage table where I cringed, winced, and held my breath as Dan pulled, kneaded, and elbowed my quads and hips into submission. I felt this morning like I'd been run over by a truck, but at the same time like I'd done something really important for my running, biking, and swimming. I have no problem getting myself to sleep, so why do I need to pay someone by the hour to do that for me? Bring on the pain, I say! Make those muslces strong, flexible, and fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment