Monday, June 30, 2008

Mosquito Magnet

The little blood suckers love me. And apparently I'm making it easier for them to find me. It seems that exercise does it. (And so does drinking alcohol, but I don't do that outside as much as I exercise.) Body temperature, carbon dioxide, and lactic acid are all attractors to mosquitoes, say some researchers. And all along I was just thinking it was my sweet blood! To ward them off, I'll start sitting around in shadeless, vegetationless areas, wearing dark-colored, long sleeve shirts and no perfume, holding my breath, and keeping my core temperature down. That last part, keeping cool, should be real easy to do in the Memphis summer in the scorching sun wearing a long sleeved black shirt. I'm doomed.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about those workouts...but they frighten me! How long do they last? Tuesday is actually going to be a high intensity (intervals, tempo, etc) for me. Maybe I'll give it a whirl..in a throw up sort of way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, I've heard that eating bananas also helps keep the skeeters away. Don't know why, but it's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl
    I didn't know the little buggers love you. They don't seem to be attracted to me much- but they go straight for Bekah and Dave. I always thought it was because I was just not that tasty...

    ReplyDelete