Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh my wakeboarding muscles!

You just can't be in shape to do every sport, all the time, without having some painful after effects. I found out Friday that I am not in wakeboarding shape. Actually I never have been, since this was my second time ever to try it. Here I am 4 days later and I still cringed with every stroke I took in the pool this morning.

I do all this exercise, hours upon hours each week, and the simplest things make me sore. Yes, Mom, my back will hurt if I rake leaves for a couple hours. I know Megan understands from taking a little time off from horsebackriding -- oh those adductors! There IS something to the concept of specificity. I think the cure is more wakeboarding.


2 comments:

  1. i hear ya on this one! i'd like to think that i'm in good overall shape; however, i'm amazed at how sore i am from doing the p90x video series!....and i've been on this workout program for 10 weeks now. hopefully i won't get sore when i go water skiing. perhaps the 90x skills that i'm developing will transfer to other fun endeavors. that may be wishful thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh. I guess I'm in for it this weekend.... my first lake trip of the season! (Yay!)

    ReplyDelete