Monday, December 22, 2008

Ahh Soreness

I'm incredibly sore from my Sunday long run. The soreness comes not from the running hiatus of late, or from the sprinting and stopping that goes along with two taking dogs (who must pee on designated trees) along. No, this soreness is very specific to one particular moment of that run. Not two minutes after I jinxed myself by expressing my amazement to Laura that neither of us had tripped and fallen, I did it. I knew the moment the thought crept into my mind that it was going to happen. It's kind of like those races I used to attend with Jenny where I'd just feel that I'd be winning a door prize (that's still my only TV). Well, I won the prize yesterday. It really didn't hurt so bad when I landed, probably because it all happened in slow motion. Luckily my running group and I had been so intertwined that they immediately came to my rescue. I was comforted by Gabby's licking of my face. Today my left hand can barely make it to the top of my head for hairbrushing purposes. Opening doors with that arm is not happening. But I came away lucky. Poor Gabby had a great time running with her big brother Latte, but last night was not able to put weight on one of her back feet. It wasn't a result of the trail run, but most likely the roughhousing that took place in the backyard afterward. It's a good thing she made it to visit Santa before the injury. X-rays are coming this afternoon. We'll keep hoping for a good prognosis!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Joy, so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope it's nothing too serious and you'll be back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess falls are always destined to happen on the trails as soon as you even think you might. But poor Gabby, I feel SO bad! Silly Latte has to remember his little sister, while bigger than him, is actually much younger.

    ReplyDelete