Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hibernation Time

Excerpt from my recent Goal Setting sheet for Liz:

"List your top 3 goals for the 2009 season:
1. Not suck so bad in Kona. Oh wait, that’s not realistic. I mean specific."

I think it may be the coldness of the last few days, along with the ice on my windshield, and the endless cloudy skies. I'm just not that enthusiastic about the upcoming triathlon season yet. Should I be? I know lots of people were motivated by watching the NBC coverage of this past October's Ironman, but maybe the pain is still too fresh in my mind. Or maybe it's the stuffy head and cough I've had this past week. Oh, the inevitables of winter! A yucky cold, a lack of training, the urge to hibernate after eating large meals. I figure I have only so many days that I can make myself swim, bike, or run when I don't want to. Like Get Out of Jail Free passes, they're in limited supply. I'm holding on to them for now. Maybe they'll multiply.

My latest purchase was made to fend off some of the blah-ness. It came complete with Hawaiian-ish flowers all over it, just to get me in the mood. Now one of these days I'll stop just wearing it around the house and get to the pool in it.

2 comments:

  1. If I do my swim thing through Dec. I think I'm going to reward myself with a new suit too. Yay for motivational purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy, I always enjoy your witty sense of humor.

    C U at the pool this week-end?
    N

    ReplyDelete