Thursday, April 23, 2009

Still waiting..

I tried to find my legs at track on Tuesday night, but they never showed up. I decided I need to cultivate new ones. So I've been riding more the last couple of days. Because that helps the running legs, right? Wednesday night we rode out to the Forest, rushing to beat the sunset, but being stalled briefly by a slow leaking tire. While Jonathan was busy at work...

Laura was busy modeling her cracked sunglasses...
..taking pictures of me...
...and Charlie's mud-splattered helmet. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do the mud justice, but Charlie's looking particularly Zoolanderish here.

Just after the Xterra race on Saturday, Charlie had mud streaks similar to Andrew's facial mask.

Twelve hours after starting Wednesday night's ride, I showed up at the Peddler ride. Unfortunately I got stuck behind some particularly conscientious riders who stopped at a red light. We never caught back up to the main group; I think I was one of the few who wanted to. But it was a nice ride nonetheless. I thought maybe my running legs were starting to find their way home, but my run afterwards proved they hadn't. So I taught a hard spin class, trying to coerce them into returning. I'll give them a few days off, maybe until my Saturday brick. I trust they're still out there somewhere, hanging out, relaxing, enjoying their vacation. If they don't come back soon, I'll just join them there.

5 comments:

  1. I think we have a new tradition - picture taking while waiting for flat tires to be changed. Will be very entertaining while we're keeping you company on IM training rides. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good to see you this morning- next time we will just risk our lives to make the light...I am sure the cars will stop..... and, what is up with us having to pull all of the guys? xxxxxxoooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy! I think my legs and your legs went to party together - those little stinkers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo, just wanted to let you know, I got new sunglasses this weekend. And they're ORANGE. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is 4 parts awesome and 1 part silly. You can figure out which is which.

    I actually partook of the peddler punishment this morning. Time for a road frame or even to ride the TT bike. 'Cross brakes are spooky in a pack.

    ReplyDelete