Friday, June 4, 2010

pre-race

Another race this weekend means another set of pre-race jitters... er, thoughts. I'm actually not that nervous, mostly because I'm not that into it. Is that ok to say before a race? I'm not sure normal people admit that. Maybe I'll come around before Saturday at 7 am, when Heatwave starts. Last year's race was a little less than ideal for me, so hopefully it's only up from there.
This week's thoughts include:

-I'm hoping miniature Hershey almond bars + miniature Heath bars are good race fuel. That's mostly what I've eaten this week. Thanks, husband.
-I wonder if the "Temp: 90F, Feels Like: 102F" weather from St. Lucia almost 2 weeks ago will still have me acclimated. 
-My legs are feeling good. At least at 8 min pace. Let's just try not to run any faster than that.
-No way we'll wear wetsuits this year.
-Darn it, because I forgot to swim for almost 3 weeks. 
-It's swim cramming week!
-Being THIS familiar with the course: will it help or hurt? I know every hill, turn, and crack in the run course.
-Can we please have a short course this year? Pretty please?
-Didn't I used to like long course racing?
-It's really time to get that creak in my bike checked out. I'm making excuses for myself already.
-I have a brand new race outfit! Why do guys always laugh when I call it an "outfit"? It's all coordinated and everything...
-Not going to even think about the alligators, not going to think about the alligators....

Results to come. GOOD results to come, surely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment