Tuesday, July 6, 2010

busy summer days

I've had the pleasure of lots of company this past week, starting with Mom on Wednesday and Thursday. She brought me some furniture just in time, and finally got to eat the sushi Jeremy and I have been raving about. She also brought the rest of my plants down, who will all accompany on my 15 hour drive this weekend. The car will be full of fresh O2.

Friday, Damie and Laura came down for a girls' training weekend! They are much better at picture taking and already have pictures posted (pictures that I'm stealing, thanks!). We did a little training Saturday on the bike before I melted and went home early, watched some World Cup soccer, ate sushi, had some yummy drinks, and got a trail run in Sunday morning before watching internet coverage of IMCDA.


I think I was supposed to plan an open water swim in there somewhere, but swimming always seems to slip my mind lately. 

On a side note, I've discovered that as bad as I am at swimming, I'm even worse when I don't do it regularly. We did get back in today, for the first time since before Dragonfly. Oops!

Sunday, about 20 minutes after the girls had said goodbye (it was very sad!), Sheila came to keep me company for the night and the next day! We (surprise surprise) had sushi, did a little shopping, and of course a little actual work.

Jeremy and I have started doing some "last" things before moving to the desert, and we spend a few days over the fourth weekend at the beach. It was clear and beautiful, and we were so thankful that the oil has stayed out of the waters of Panama City Beach. 
We are going on some last bike rides and taking some pictures, and I'm sure we'll get in a few more stops at the sushi place before packing up and leaving before dawn on Saturday. Hopefully around sunset that evening we'll be in our house in New Mexico, watching le Tour coverage on a laptop on our sleeping bags. Except our internet won't be hooked up....

I'm looking forward to exploring a new area, new running and biking trails, a new climate. Hopefully I've finally found a place where sweat actually works (as a means of cooling, that is)!

1 comment: