Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Breech Baby and a Gimpy Leg

Neither of these things is new this week, but they are ongoing. I went back to the doctor yesterday and found that the little one is still happily head up, specifically head-in-my-ribs. Officially it seems that you wouldn't call him breech until about 36 weeks or so; he's wrong side up. Which means that I start a new exercise program that includes inverting myself on the ironing board propped up on the couch. Sounds like lots of fun. The only problem is that with my tiny crunched stomach, which already is inflicted with heartburn these days, being flipped over might not be the most comfortable position. And besides, what am I supposed to do while inverted for 3 sets of 15 minutes per day? Read? Knit?

My right leg has gotten into the habit of gimping up on me lately. Usually it's early on in my runs or after going up stairs too fast, but sometimes it happens randomly in the middle of a run or just walking around. I would blame it on the belly band, but since that's not a constant, I can't. It doesn't swell or hurt particularly, it just stops working right. It feels like I've just finished an all out 400 on it and it's flushed with lactate, while the left leg is totally fine. I know there's plenty of cross communication between sides of the body, so if the left could get on top of things and keep the right in line, it would be helpful.

I taught what may be my last spin class while pregnant on Monday. I want to thank the participants for not busting out laughing at me and my huge belly on the bike with the handlebars all the way up. It's almost like a recumbent. The hardest part of teaching in that room is the way the fans don't cool me at all. I'm dripping with sweat and thirsty the rest of the day afterward. And I may have felt the slightest little contraction afterward...

And moving on to the weekend in pictures, Jeremy and I went to Vegas to celebrate the upcoming wedding of friends. An incredibly slow, uphill, painful run was completely worth it for the views of Red Rock Canyon. The other runners were so incredibly friendly too; I really miss having greetings when passing by (and how hard is it really to wave or say a quick hi, Alamogordians?). I only had ankle swelling for one night after traveling, walking, and staying up too late all weekend. I sound, and somewhat feel, like a senior citizen.


No comments:

Post a Comment