Tuesday, March 20, 2012

He's Here!

My sweet baby Hunter is lying here sleeping next to me. He is one week old today! It was a surprise for all of us to have him so early, since we thought we were just going in for a version when he was 38weeks, 4 days. He didn't tolerate it well; his HR dropped really low, and my doctor decided it was best to go ahead and deliver him then. We had about an hour to mentally prepare before he was born. Glad I packed a sparse overnight bag just in case!

I was really disappointed that I was not even able to go into real labor, not to mention actually give birth to him. We learned why he was so stubborn in turning, despite my best efforts: he had the cord around his neck twice. Poor Hunter had no cord slack to let him move, even though I know he tried.

Recovering from this surgery is going to be a lot longer and harder than I'd realized. It's such a huge shock to go from swimming with flip turns plus running 6 miles on Monday to not being able to sit up in bed on Tuesday. I'm surprised I'm not able to stand up for longer than a few minutes at a time still. I can't put into words how lucky I am to have Jeremy. Not only has he done everything for us, from making food to helping me walk to changing almost every diaper (and getting peed on countless times), but he also knows infinitely more about diapers and babies that I probably ever will. What a blessing to have such a wonderfully sweet husband, and the best daddy in the world.

What I most want to be doing is sitting and holding and nursing this precious blond-haired, blue-eyed baby (which is nice since locomotion is still difficult). I'm a little obsessed with him, and couldn't have imagined that he'd be so sweet and perfect.


6 comments:

  1. Congrats! He's beautiful. So glad they did a c-section since he had the cord around your neck. I know how hard it is not to labor or give birth naturally but you have to think of thenc-section as the procedure that largely saved hunter's life. And since you had the c-section because he was breach, and not for other reasons, should you choose to have another child, they'll probably let you do vbac.

    By next week you will physically start to feel much more like yourself and will be begging the doctor to give you the all clear.

    Looks like our little ones have the same birthday. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sweet and perfect!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has practicly perfect parents, I wouldn't expect him to be any other way! Love ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Congratulations!!! How do I follow your blog? We are in the same birth board on baby centre. I'm still waiting for my little boy (3 days over due now)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this, since I guess we were cruising when you wrote it. So perfect and precious. I can't wait to meet him, either! Just a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete