Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mileage

Because I like numbers and keeping track of all my "training" (I have a year or so of the last 10 from which I am regrettably missing logs), I have been writing down my walking mileage from the past few weeks. In case I have another baby some day, I'd also like to look and see how slowly I started back, so I don't feel bad about it next time.

Hunter and I are getting some good mileage out of the BOB. Last week I got in just under 21 miles of walking plus two bike rides. I was a little surprised it was that high! In the mornings, he tends to sleep soundly as soon as his head hits the bumper pad. Lately in the evenings, it's quite a different story. He realizes what he's been missing on these walks and does everything possible to stay awake. And then he gets bored about .3 mi into it. This makes my walks speed up significantly, with a few puffing running steps added in these last few days. My heavy breathing seems to amuse him, because he calms down immediately, at least until I walk again. I also like to amuse neighbors by trying to discretely support what the bra does not.

This walking is serious business


Wanting to get more mileage out of my morning sleepy walks, I decided today to just go for it and run. Actually "run" may be too strong of a word, considering the blazing 11 min/mile pace (I had to walk over some bumpy spots to not jar the poor sleeping baby, and there was some elevation change...). But I covered 3 miles running with a mile walk cooldown. I feel so accomplished. I also learned that people other than my mailman have taken note of my running habits. I passed a neighbor who said, "You're back running already?" I wanted to tell her how far behind I am. But I actually was proud of myself for making it that far. Nothing split open or fell out, but I noticed how incredibly weak my abs are, even though they're starting to look almost like a normal person's.

Please Hunter, keep liking the stroller! You can keep me up hours at night if you let me run in the morning! It's a deal.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Can't believe we'll see him in 9 days!!
    2. That is a Jeremy look in that picture!
    3. Since I've been needing quality sports bras due to extreme milk production and general boob hugeness for 10 years now and have been jealous of your cute Target ones, I'll happily give you bra advice: Moving Comfort--Maia, Fiona, Juno--all superb. No more "supporting" while hoping the neighbors don't notice. Unless you're going down a really big hill....then I still do it...
    4. Can't believe your walking mileage!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete