Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Crickets are singing and lightening bugs are floating on a breeze


 
We are loving summer vacation here at the Harwood house. Last week was spent on the beach, the Gulf Coast beach, where we haven't been since before Hunter was born. He loved every bit of it. Except when it poured down rain for the last 2 days. Actually he didn't seem to mind because playing in any kind of water -- ocean, stream, rain, pool, hose -- is really awesome. It kinda messed up my run taper though. Did I mention this half Ironman that's coming up? It's Saturday. I'm ill-prepared. I used to go into these things without having run over 9 miles in many weeks, right? And giving up swimming too? I haven't actually done that, and have been going more frequently lately, but I have a hunch this will be a non-wetsuit doggy paddle for me. Why can't I just sign up for a downstream race (a la Jeremy's half in Augusta)? But on the optimistic side, this city is exciting because LOTS of people ride bikes, and I've even ridden with some of them. It's a small world, since I rode with my sister's friend's sister's husband (got that?), and a girl I've raced in the past. People who ride and do triathlons! It's like I don't even have to stalk cyclists on the road and then find out they're actually German and don't speak any English anyway. Ok, enough with the wordiness, onto the pictures.


    





No comments:

Post a Comment