Thursday, March 20, 2014

Two!

My baby turned TWO last week! It's true: the minutes can be long but the years go by quickly. We celebrated his birthday, with Jeremy off work, by playing outside with his new trucks and eating "brown cake." 

"A backhoe!" he said upon opening the backhoe. He now also calls one an excavator.


What is this strange ritual with the candles?



 Or... maybe I like this white cake better.


 Being two is exhausting

Saturday we had a party with his grandparents, great aunt, aunt, uncle, and cousins. Fortunately for me, the 150 contacts of Jeremy's that I accidentally sent the evite to didn't show up. That's what you get for hurriedly trying to send something out while using maybe half a brain. 

For his party, I worked the safari theme, since when I asked his favorite animal, he said it was a giraffe. I did more planning than doing, but we had a good time.




He finally gets into the candle thing.

It's my party and I'll take off my pants and stand on the table if I want to.

 Icing on the giraffe legs tastes better

Photo booth!




This week Jeremy kissed Hunter. H said, "Yuck Daddy. Daddy gross. Mommy gross too." Ha! He has already outgrown our slobbery kisses!





 And now for our recreation of a childhood photo:


I thought I had neglected to send the kids home with a party favor, but as it turns out, I sent Ethan home with a sample of our GI bug that he is now sharing with his family. We are so sorry Ethan! That virus just keeps on going and going (despite my sanitizing and resanitizing-- yuck!)


 Annie, who had to miss the party because of her own virus, is probably not sad that she missed throwing up this week. But we missed them!

Hunter's little legs are growing longer, the baby belly is getting slimmer, he is running faster every day. His sweet blonde baby curls and big blue eyes are still a baby's but he knows he is "Mommy's little dude," as he told me. He is such a sweet, smart, funny, creative little person already. I'm lucky to be his mama! 




No comments:

Post a Comment