Sunday, April 6, 2014

Texas coast

We made it to Galveston for Jeremy's half ironman. He had warned me that the beach here just wasn't what I was expecting, which was something similar to the gulf beaches along Alabama and the Florida panhandle. I was spoiled growing up going to those white sandy beaches with clear turquoise water (and some seaweed in late summer. And jellyfish that mom and dad always told me was just blasts of sand against my legs). This reminds me of the east coast beaches. Bless those poor souls who know of no other type. 
Big boy gets his own seat on the plane now!

A few hours after landing we made it to the beach where Hunter got right to work, digging his way to another continent. The winds were strong Saturday so we visited the Moody Gardens aquarium. And today is race day! Hunter and I didn't venture out to spectate in case the storm actually hit. Instead we lounged by the pool and checked the chemicals. 






We are looking forward to a few days of sun starting tomorrow! We missed the beach, no matter how chilly that water may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment