Thursday, June 5, 2008

In Case You Haven't Noticed

I have a large head. According to wrongdiagnosis.com, there are 140 possible causes of "Large Head." I like to think in my case there's lots of brain in there to contain. Because of this large noggin that can be somewhat hard to camouflage (hard as I've tried with lots of curly hair), I'm excited about the latest must-have piece of equipment in our little world of triathlon: aero helmets. They (in this case, Tom Demerly from bikesportmichigan.com) say that an aero helmet saves more time for the money than race wheels. My helmet benefits me in multiple ways. Not only do I gain 3-6 minutes in an Ironman, but I can also hide the true size of my head by blaming it on the helmet.

It seems that at the beginning of the race season each year, I have a wake up call in the form of race pictures. I forget that these little pieces of history will be available for years to come to anybody who happens to know my last name. Thank you ASI Photo! No really, thank you ASI, for reminding me to try not to scare the children spectating at these races. And just so everyone knows, I got a great deal on my Giro (I think they have a hard time selling the XLs).


Look! I've found someone who can borrow my helmet.




Veggie Alien
Photo

2 comments:

  1. Joy
    This is a self-created image that only exists in your head- which is not big by the way.
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joy you have one of THOSE helmets. One THOSE fast helmets. For fast people. All I can say is WOW. LOL...at least you rate having one of THOSE helmets, right??

    Happy training!

    ReplyDelete