Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Age Group

I'm glad there's someone to go before me in all of life's adventures. She had to break our parents in, come in later than curfew, learn to drive, go to college, do all that marriage and kids stuff, and now go into that new age group first. I already knew she was a really good sister and friend (most of the time, when she wasn't beating me up), and I've learned in the last few years that she's also a good wife and mommy and even a good daughter. Sometimes it amazes me that she's an actual grownup.

I'm impressed at the multitasking skills that she displays every time we talk on the phone. "So during my run this morning- JACKSON! You will get out of the sandbox if you throw sand one more time!- we did the long loop and I felt really good on the hills even pushing the stroller- Emily, stop torturing him!- so I'm thinking I might train for the half marathon; do you think I have time?

She really makes me laugh a lot. Mostly at her, like when she asks 8 times where her husband is when I've clearly told her 7 times that he's at the store, remember? She's also really funny when you tell her to look to her left and she spins around several times before realizing where your finger is pointing.

Since she's known me for 31 years, she understands exactly why I get mad or frustrated or whatever, and she's always willing to listen to my complaints. She also knows how to make me really mad and does that every once in a while. But not too often. I think she just does it to remind me that she's the big sister and still has some kind of control. I like to let her think that she does.

But anyway, Happy Birthday Jenny! You'll never be older than 12 in my mind. :)

4 comments:

  1. That reminds me so much of my sister. She did everything before me however, she is younger than me. I don't see how she does it sometimes! Kids, work, husband yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, being the oldest, always having to break life in for the younger ones, I know how that goes! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- I have two amazing big sisters. One who is all of these wonderful things, and the other who is wonderful enough to write them down as part of a birthday celebration. I love you both very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, i have a girl-crush on your big sis too....and how beautiful is she in that photo??

    ReplyDelete