Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Confession

I'm a binger. It occurred to me yesterday after eating half a box of Samoas that Girl Scout cookies aren't the only thing I binge on. Apparently I can't stop eating grapes until the whole 3 pounds are gone, but I did manage to only eat half the bag of potato chips. This was all yesterday. Some things I don't feel too guilty about bingeing on, like the grapes. At least they're healthy. But these things, not so much:
(If only they were actually this big.)

Not only are Samoas 75 calories per cookie, but also, let me do the math, about 25 cents each. In addition, since they only come around once a year, I generally like to save a few for later. At least a few days later. Not a chance this year.

In addition to food, I tend to binge on exercise, like when I don't train for, but run a 50k trail race, or don't lift weights for three months, then do 1200 lunges. I like to binge-sleep too, and I can go for up to 15 hours straight. It's best if you get a little sleep deprivation going before the big nap. Just like if you go for a nice long ride and get good and glycogen depleted, then your stomach can hold so much more food.

I've been in the binge eating and sleeping mode again this past week or so, and I attribute it to the unending winter temperatures. I'm about over this, mother nature, so please bring spring! It's getting expensive and time consuming to keep eating and sleeping this much. Winter be gone!

5 comments:

  1. See, that post should make me want to practice moderation in all things. Instead, I have the incredible urge to buy a box of Samoas and eat the whole thing right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as much as you exercise, enjoy those girl scout cookies and then eat a handful of grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sweets too! I'm pretty bad about Birthday cake. Sometimes on the weekend i just have a craving for one, and Duane and i will go to the store and buy a big birthday cake just for us! I usually eat on it for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha...that makes sense with the total binge package- food, exercise, and sleep. that's okay- remember that time I had you stop at taco bell, mcdonalds, AND the gas station for my favorite fudge round on the way home from a race? okay, I haven't had any gs cookies this year, so will bring some to cc on thurs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. good news joy - i noticed last night on my run that the tree in front of my house has started to bud. spring is on the way....

    ReplyDelete