Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tucson

Last weekend we went to Tucson to race (or for me, "participate in") Duathlon Nationals. I'll just summarize my race by saying it was a pretty sad effort. Jeremy and I had very similar runs, but he beat me on the bike! I was off in lala land most of the time; I forgot to even look at my splits. I was too concerned with how freakin fast those 48 year old women were! I did actually earn a spot at Du Worlds in Spain in September, but running twice is really painful!

But after the race, we had a great trip. Just north of our hotel about 2 miles was Catalina State Park, where we hiked to burn off our In and Out Burgers (which made the race totally worth it).

 


Spring has definitely come to the desert, even without rain since last fall. We had a cold spell while we were in Tucson, and even back at home in NM. But not to worry, it's warming up again quickly. It's quite a contrast to flooding Memphis this time of year!


 I even had to take some pictures around the neighborhood of all the interesting flora. I'm still amazed that cacti bloom!



1 comment:

  1. I agree - I'm amazing cacti bloom too. All the interesting desert plants are just amazing. And the food you can grow here in NCal. Did I tell you my downstairs neighbor is grown artichoke on our back patio??

    ReplyDelete