Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Springtime




Spring is official now. I don't *think* we will see any more snow or frost (pleasepleaseplease). Our garden hasn't been planted yet, except for some arugula, since the rest needs to wait until after Easter, but it has been expanded to triple last year's size. Jeremy and his mini helper worked hard on it, especially with the continuous leveling and digging of the soil with various "heavy" machines, also of the miniature variety.

The daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths are blooming in our yard, which got us excited to go visit the daffodil field up on Wye mountain last weekend.


He ran miles around the fields!


Their grapplers are searching for sticks.

Daddy got kisses.


I got licks.

We were over here taking selfies when...

incoming!

crash!

Three more months to go before baby girl comes! Hunter asks daily when she's coming out. He is excited and loves babies. One of my pregnancy pet peeves is when people talk about being pregnant for 10 months. Since when is 40 weeks equal to 10 months? Are they using lunar calendars? And you're still not pregnant for the first 2 whole weeks. I get the discomfort and excitement about the pending date and how long those last few days must seem. But unless you're an elephant, it is just not 10 months. However I do feel like an elephant some days while running.

I went to the chiropractor and he worked some on my round ligaments in addition to the usual manipulation of my SI joints. It seemed to help, at least for one of my runs last week, when I got in 6 hilly miles at 9:15 pace. In case anyone is new to the potential fluctuations in pace while pregnant, you should know the previous run, a flat 7 miler, was around 10:15+ per mile. That's when I really felt like an elephant. I realized running at that speed is conducive to multitasking though, and maybe I can get through some emails. 

I am feeling baby stabs and leg parts (ahem)...

(I realize Inglés may not have been our packers' first language.) 
...up close to my ribs now, which is exciting, since it means she is not breech at this point. This, to me, is even more important than running right now. Nobody these days, around here, will do a VBAC with a breech, and I am set on a VBAC. I am doing everything I can at this point to be the perfect candidate. 

In other spring/exercise/pregnant news, I rode my actual road bike on an actual road outside last weekend. It was my first time in a few months, and it was beautiful, head-windy, and super trafficky when I ran into some friends who suggested I ride around the river trail loop in an open farmland area with few pedestrians and their attached small animals. It was perfect! I felt safe, totally balanced, and super slow. I loved every minute. I could see replacing another run each week with this, while I can still lean over far enough to reach the brakes. 


My mantra: just keep going and going



No comments:

Post a Comment